Tuesday 8 April 2014

Eye(s) Cream Dream



Hello there lovelies

Today’s offerings are my two favourite eye creams. I never really used eye creams until towards the end of 2012 when I got a No7 one and really liked it. Prior to this I questioned the point of eye creams and how they differed from a regular moisturiser but I enjoyed using it so have continued to use eye creams since then. I then made the discovery of this dream duo and have been hooked ever since. These are the second of these little pots of joy I have bought and they have become firm favourites and must have items in my skincare routine.

Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. To call this thick would be an understatement, it's so thick and creamy but doesn’t feel heavy under the eyes, it feels so nourishing and like it's really benefiting my skin overnight, I prefer to use this at night as it’s thicker and I find it more nourishing. Although it’s incredibly thick it doesn’t feel greasy in the slightest and absorbs really quickly. I haven’t used this in the morning so can’t comment on whether it affects makeup, but I imagine that it would be a good base for the heavy-duty concealers. As it's so thick a little goes a long way so although it’s pricey it really does last.

Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream. This is such a lovely cream and although its quite rich it feels so light, and I mean light, but it doesn’t feel watery or wishy washy like its not doing anything. This is a beautiful cream that really hydrates the delicate eye area and doesn’t affect makeup application. It’s completely fragrance free and just a really nice cream to use. It’s quickly absorbed with no oily residue left on the skin, it just gives eyes that little extra in the morning, it gives eyes a lovely hydrated base for concealer to be applied and prevents it drying throughout the day.

These two are both definitely luxury items and the price is not for the faint hearted but I think they’re worth it as eyes can be the first area to display the signs of aging and fatigue. I really don’t think I could pick a favourite from the two as they are both equally amazing and for me to replace either of them with another eye cream it would have to really impress me. I can't recommend these products high enough, if you're looking for a light hydrating cream then go for Antipodes, if you're after a richer nourishing cream then go for Kiehl's. I have sensitive eyes and both these creams are suitable for me as they are both fragrance free.


  
What’s your opinion of eye creams? Can you recommend any cheaper alternatives?

Until next time

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Kiehls offering - read a lot of good things about it and it sounds so dreamy! x

    www.madeleineslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend, it's not often that I'd recommend products for eyes but I have faith in these two not to disappoint xx

      Delete