Tuesday 29 April 2014

Spring Lips

Hello there lovelies

 As spring is finally here (who knows how long it will last) I thought I would share with you some lip products that I think are perfect for spring, although I’m sure they would look lovely all year round too. I’ve mentioned before that I’m not the most confident of lip colour wearer, even if I know a colour suits me I don’t always feel confident, but I’m trying, I really am. So here are a few of the ones I’ve been enjoying recently.

Revlon Matte and Lacquer Balms. I got the matte balms in the shades Audacious (top) and Complex (bottom) and these are so lovely, I must admit that I was slightly concerned about a matte lip product on me as my lips dry out pretty quickly. I’ve not had any problem with these, although they are totally matte they aren’t drying in the slightest, they have good lasting power and a cool minty taste to them. I prefer the matte balms to the lacquer balm I have in the shade Demure (middle) as it’s a bit shimmery for me but it’s a lovely product and they are so easy to apply.

Revlon Lip Butter and Lipgloss. I got the lip butter in the shade Juicy Papaya and the lipgloss in Ballini. The lip butter looks a really scary orange colour and as soon as I got this I thought oh no that’s going to look awful but I actually love this, I love the texture that literally feels like butter and the colour is really sheer and not at all scary, it’s a great product to chuck in your handbag and apply like you would a lip balm while adding a subtle hint of colour. The lipgloss has a great formula and ballini is a lovely nude colour that doesn’t wash my lips out and goes great over lipsticks to add some sheen.

Sleek Pout Polish. I got this in the shade Peach Perfection and I think this product is great. It goes on feeling like a nice conditioning balm and sort of melts into more of gloss but retains the feeling of a balm. It smells of lovely shea butter and feels really nourishing; it also has the added bonus of containing SPF so great for summer. The only downside is that it’s a dip your finger in the pot to apply job which I’m not always a fan of but I love the product and the colour is lovely.

Tanya Burr Lipgloss. I got the shades Chic (top) and Afternoon Tea. They have a great formula which isn’t sticky at all, they feel moisturising on the lips and are so pigmented they also smell fab too but lets face it they were bound to be good as I don’t think Tanya Burr would put her name to any old s*** would she. I prefer the more neutral shade Chic over the pretty pink shade of Afternoon Tea. Your lips have to be in tip top condition for these too and I prefer a couple of dabs over a lipstick rather than wearing alone.

Nars Lipgloss. I got this in the shade Chihuahua, mainly because I have a Chihuahua so I loved the name. I have to say I am in love with this one; it may be my absolute favourite ever. It is such an easy wearable shade and the one I feel most comfortable wearing. It looks quite pink but it’s really sheer and just enhances your lips natural colour. It smells horrible but all is forgiven once applied.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick. I’ve had this for ages and it’s one of those ones I um and ah about every time I put it on. I have this in the shade Asia and although in the pictures it looks brown its actually quite pink, it’s a kind of dark dusky pink colour. I find it better when it’s applied by dabbing it on then dabbing it into the lips so it’s more subtle. It has a lovely moisturising formula and good staying power.











I’m getting better with my lip products and I’m getting more confident with wearing them too and I’m looking forward to adding to my collection.

What lipsticks/glosses do you really like?

Until next time

3 comments:

  1. At the moment i'm really loving Razzle-dazzler by mac. There's a blog post about it on my blog if you want to see swatches etc! It's a pretty coral colour - lovely for the spring!

    Ah I love the Revlon lip butters too!

    Kate | Beautiboe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All such gorgeous colours! Nicola noodlingalong.blogspot.co.uk Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want all of them! I love all the shades too! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete