Friday 21 March 2014

An Absolute NARS-essity


Hello there lovelies

Today I thought I’d introduce you to my little Nars collection and share my thoughts on the products I’ve been using. I just love the simple elegant packaging of Nars products, it doesn’t need fussy packaging as the product speaks for itself.

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. This is my favourite foundation, It leaves a lovely finish on the skin and blends really well, it doesn’t look too glowy just adds a nice radiance to the skin, the coverage is excellent without feeling heavy. It’s a bit annoying that it doesn’t come with a pump I think this is the general consensus among bloggers, the first time I used it I poured about half the bottle onto the back of my hand and was frantically trying to scrape the precious liquid back into the bottle as if it was the elixir of life. I was all prepared to buy the pump but it was out of stock at the time and I haven’t bothered looking since. I really like this foundation and will continue to use it unless I find something better or I keep pouring most of it all over my hand and it runs out too quickly.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. This really is a high coverage concealer but it doesn’t feel heavy or cakey, it blends beautifully and leaves a lovely finish and covers up what needs to be covered without looking like you’ve piled the products on to your face. I had to wait ages for this as I’m the shade vanilla and it was out of stock everywhere for ages but it was well worth the wait. This will be the concealer I reach for if I need that extra bit of coverage for dark under eye circles as nothing shows through this one. You need to have quite well hydrated skin though otherwise it may go a bit dry and flaky. I was a bit worried about the “radiant” part of the name as I didn’t want it to be glittery, it’s not in the slightest bit glittery it just seems to lighten and lift the under eye area while covering redness or imperfections on my face.

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser. The coverage on this is the best I’ve known for a tinted moisturiser it’s more like a light sheer foundation coverage wise but feels like a good moisturiser when you apply it, a little goes a long way and it smells lovely. It’s good at giving just the right amount of coverage when you feel like having a lighter makeup day. It also has SPF 30 so will be a great product for me to use in the summer when I tend to go for tinted moisturisers more.

Nars Powder Blusher. I originally had the intention of getting the shade Orgasm but decided to go for Deep Throat after testing them. This blush is a rosey pink colour that’s not an in your face pink. It has a subtle shimmer but it’s not sparkly and a good shade for all year round and everyday wear.

Nars Highlighting Powder in Albatross. I mentioned this in a previous post so won’t go over it again except to say yet another lovely product from the Nars bunch.





There you go my little collection, I can guarantee it won’t stay this small as there are a few more items from Nars on my ever growing wishlish and I don’t think I’m going to be able to hold off much longer from purchasing them.

What Nars products do you recommend for me to try? What’s on your Nars wishlist?

Until next time

8 comments:

  1. I just want all of this. I have the concealer and love it so much. Hurry up payday!

    Katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    Katy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was recommended Deep Throat by the lady in Space NK and I think I like it more than Orgasm if I'm honest! Glad you have so many Nars favourites :)

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer Deep Throat over orgasm too, suited me more, although in an ideal world I'd have every shade. xx

      Delete
  3. I love NARS! I'm desperate to try the concealer - I've heard so many good things about it x

    beckysbeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really high coverage but isn't so thick that it doesn't move when you put it on your face if that makes sense, it's really easy to blend out with fingers or a brush.xx

      Delete
  4. Ooooh I'm definitely planning on going for Nars Sheer Glow when I need to purchase a new foundation - and I'll defo be getting a pump, can't be dealing with all that mess! The only Nars product I own is the Orgasm Blush and I really love it, I can definitely see why there's so much hype around it - out of all my blushers it's the one that suits my skintone best and really brightens up my face (: x

    www.madeleineslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt I'll own Orgasm one day, I like the brighter pink shades so will probably go for them first. I really should get the pump as I probably waste so much but the only problem with the pump is then the lid doesn't fit back on. Nars need to sort that one out really. xx

      Delete