Friday 14 March 2014

Curl Up, Curl Up



Hello there lovelies

I think long curled fluttery eyelashes look so pretty and flattering and can really enhance the look of someones eyes. Unfortunately I don’t have eyelashes that flick up beautifully with just mascara to aid them, no for that I need a helping hand from eyelash curlers. My eyelashes are kind of long, of course I’d love them to be longer but I make do with what I’ve got. My centre lashes are fine they flick up quite nicely with the right mascara but my outer lashes are poker straight!! I stopped using eyelash curlers for years after a friend told me they make your eyelashes fall out, I don’t know how true this is but it scared me enough to retire from using them for a long time- until recently.

I decided to start curling them again when Shu Uemura brought out the S curler a smaller version of the iconic regular curler. I thought this little contraption seemed really interesting and ideal for doing just my outer lashes, which need curling the most, so I invested in a pair. Now they’re really small but still cost the same as the regular ones which I find a bit strange but you can use them all along your lashes in sections. These give a good curl to the outer lashes and the inner ones too. Because they are so small you can get right into the corner to do the inner lashes. Shu Uemura are renowned for their curlers not inflicting the dreaded “pinch” when curling your lashes and these are just the same, I’ve been using them for a couple of months now and have yet to experience the “pinch”, of course I still brace myself every time though (seriously though, how much does it hurt when you do that). I can’t fault these curlers for what they actually do, the price is my one criticism, I think they should be a few pounds cheaper than the regular ones at least. You get one spare rubber with them but I’m not sure if you can purchase rubbers on their own of if you have to buy a complete new curler, which again wouldn’t be very good.

To round up I think these curlers are great for precision curling in targeted areas, and are small and slim to slip in your bag for a touch up pump during the day, its just a shame they’re not a few pounds cheaper than the big boy ones.



Do you use eyelash curlers, what ones do you think are good? Comment below or tweet @Beauty_full14 and don’t forget to leave your blog links.

Until next time

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try these! I have a really crappy eyelash curler from superdrug and they don't really work at all!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Boots No7 ones are meant to be quite good and SpaceNK were doing these half price a couple of months ago so maybe keep an eye on deals. xx

      Delete