Monday 24 March 2014

Going Balmy



Hello there lovelies

I’ve got a bit of a thing for lip balms; I get really dry chapped lips so always have to have one close by, in my pocket or in my bag. My absolute favourite is the Nuxe Rêve de Miel® which I’ve mentioned before but they’re not the only lip balms I use and I love to try different ones to see how they match up.

Balm Balm. This smells so lovely but as a lip balm is no good for me, it sort of melts when you put it on your lips and goes quite thin and watery, I like really thick balms. Although this can be used on other parts of the body to help dry skin and I imagine its much better used for that. I love the cute packaging though.







No7 Protect and Perfect Lip Care. I like this one, it’s more like a cream that instantly relieves lips and is a good product if you don’t like the feeling of lip balms.









Caudalie Lip Conditioner. This has got a nice texture when applied to the lips and smells so nice. I like this one, containing shea butter it’s lovely and nourishing.









Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm. I got it with pomegranate oil and to be honest I’m not so keen on the smell, the texture is quite nice although it does go a bit thin when it warms up, I think it’s more hydrating than nourishing. I just find the smell so strong which I wouldn’t mind if I liked it more.







Bioderma Atoderm Moisturising Stick. This smells like a big bag of pick and mix- really sweet. It feels nice on the lips and is really good for soothing sore lips and leading them on the road to recovery.









Antipodes Organic Lip Balm. I absolutely love the smell of this, with lime leaf and cocoa butter it smells so fresh but it does go a bit thin when it warms up, if it was a bit thicker I’d love this rather than just liking it. It’s nice during the day if you don’t want anything to sticky and don’t mind reapplying to get the balmy feeling.







La Roche-Posay Barrier Repairing Balm. This is a super thick squeezy balm that really does help to repair chapped lips, a good one to wear overnight or if lips need protection during the day from harsh weather.








Cowshed Lippy Cow Natural Lip Balm. Ok so I only got this because I liked the packaging, this is another one that goes really thin and watery on the lips therefore I’m not so keen, I think the smell is really subtle, it contains essential oils of sweet orange oil, rose geranium and ylang ylang which sounds lovely but I can only smell a slight hint of orange.






Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick. This has the classic Palmer’s scent which I love but it does make me want to eat it. This is really nice on the lips although I’d prefer it if it was slightly thicker but that's personal preference. This is much larger than the typical lip balm stick because it can be used all over on rough dry skin, a really handy do-it-all product to have in your handbag and to whip out and sniff every now and then.





Nivea Hydro Care and Essential Care. I love the Essential care and it’s my favourite lip balm after Nuxe, mainly because I absolutely LOVE the smell- for me it just smells of holiday. Maybe because the first time I got this I was on holiday about 15 years ago and have been using it ever since as it just reminds me of sun lotion and transports me to a sunnier place. I love the way it feels too, so thick and really nourishing and soothing. I got the Hydro care thinking it would be the same but with the added benefit of SPF but I was disappointed, it’s a lot thinner in texture and hasn’t got the same lovely smell but is handy that it has SPF for use in the summer.





What lip balms do you love? What would you recommend I try?

Until next time



8 comments:

  1. I have the caudalie lip balm and absolutely love it, but I like the balms which have colour, so it looks like I'm wearing something whilst moisturising my lips!
    Love the post.

    www.judyrudybeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caudalie is a nice one, Burt's Bees do a good range of tinted lip balms if you like a bit of colour too. The revlon matte and lacquer balms are really good too. xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Burt's Bees lip balms, I just find that they're so amazing! I recently got this aloe vera lip balm from my grandparents, and it's amazing! Love this post!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thankyou. I'm thinking of trying the Burt's Bees one in the tin to see if I like it more or one with a different smell. I've heard The Body Shops Aloe lip care is good, I like aloe vera things. Your blog is lovely and for one so young too and I've done the 30 day squat challenge but didn't notice much difference but I still do it as it's good for my thighs. xx

      Delete
  3. The No 7 one sounds lovely for me! If you want nourishing I have to recommend the Korres ones, they've beaten everything else I've tried!

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Korres ones look amazing, I've been eyeing them up for a while. The No7 is great for wearing under lipstick too if you feel like your lips need a bit of pre-treatment and it sinks in really nicely. xx

      Delete
  4. You can NEVER have too many lip products!
    www.styleandbeautyforless.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Something so simple yet essential. xx

      Delete