Sunday 2 March 2014

POTW 5 The Bum Deal


Hello there lovelies

*I just want to start by saying that the picture above is not my own, I got it courtesy of Google Images*

Todays pick of the week is the 30 day squat challenge. You must have seen this flying around the Internet at some point. There are various pictures but the routine is the same, starting with 50 squats increasing to 250 squats.

I started it on the 1st of January, not as a news years resolution but because it was easy to keep track of the days. I suffer from what me and my friends call “flat arse” there’s not much shape to my bottom and I wanted to do something about it without loosing weight and one of my friends sent me this. Although my brain tells me I’m still 19 it would appear my body is starting to show the signs that it is no longer 19 and my behind has become a bit wobbly. This routine is so simple to follow, you can’t really go wrong. I did find it quite tough to start with actually, my legs really started to burn at about the 20-30 squat point and I didn’t think there was any chance I would ever be able to do 250! It also took a while for it to become part of my routine rather than a chore. I once read or saw on the tele that it takes 3-4 weeks of doing something repeatedly everyday for it to become a habit, I don’t know how true that is or how much I believe it because I’ve been getting out of bed everyday for 29 years now and I still cant get used to it and it certainly didn’t 3-4 weeks of me continuously eating chocolate for me to become hooked and it become a daily habit, that took a matter of minutes. You build up gradually though which really helps, and I enjoyed the rest days. I did wonder what to do once I’d reached day 31. Do I start again? Do I carry on doing 250 a day? I decided to do 200 squats a day, 100 in the morning and 100 at night to maintain things I can do 100 with ease now therefore may start doing 2 sets of 150. Its definitely built up my stamina and my legs are a lot stronger but as for the derriére- not much improvement it’s a bit firmer but not as pert as I was hoping for it to be therefore I’m going to start doing another exercise, I don’t know what its called but you lie on your back with your knees bent and raise your hips, this exercise certainly feels like its working more on the bottom region rather than legs. If you’re young I would recommend this routine to maintain your shape if your older I would recommend this as a leg exercise to tone your thighs. I will continue to do squats but I think I should have started these earlier in my life, prevention rather than cure and all that.

If you know of any exercises I could try to get the much longed for pert bottom please comment below or tweet me @Beauty_full14.

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment