Tuesday 1 April 2014

Battle of the Micellar Waters



Hello there lovelies

Ever since discovering Bioderma I’ve been looking out for a similar product to use in case I can’t ever get hold of it, as when I first started using it it was a real travesty if it ever ran out. Micellar waters are in no short supply; they seem to be cropping up all over the place and are quite easy to get hold of but are they any good? And can I use any of them instead of Bioderma. I’ve been testing a few to see how they compare. Let battle commence!

L’Oréal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution. This has really mixed reviews but I’m one of the ones that actually don’t mind this, it does a good job at removing makeup and I didn’t find it left a noticeable residue on my skin. Yes I agree that the packaging is below par it’s just an awkward bottle to use properly and deposit the right amount of product onto the cotton wool pad but the product inside the bottle is pretty good.

Boots Time Delay Micellar Cleansing Water. YUK! That’s one thing I can say about this, I don’t really like this one, it leaves a very noticeable almost oily residue on my skin and I don’t like the way it leaves my skin feeling. If you don’t mind the oily feeling then this product may be worth trying but it’s just not for me. The bottle isn’t great either; it has a big opening like on nail varnish remover so you have to be careful, as it doesn’t have anything squeezy to put it onto a cotton wool pad. This is one that I won’t be repurchasing.

Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals. I really like this one with its subtle rose fragrance, which I was a bit worried about how my skin would react at first but all is ok so far. Removes makeup quite well although I do wake up with a tad of mascara under my eyes with this one but that is easily overlooked as I love the smell, it’s as if your walking past a rose bush in the summer and leaves skin feeling refreshed. A good product and one I will continue to use.

La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution. This one is quite nice although it does have quite a strong generic fragrance free smell and doesn’t feel as “soft” (if that makes sense) when I apply it to my skin. My skin feels nice and clean after using it though and it does a good job on the makeup removal front too.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. This is the one that I’ve found to be the closest to Bioderma and I really like it. It’s good value too at £4.99 for 400mls, the packaging is easy to use with good control over how much product is deposited. Should the worst happen and I have to go with out my beloved Bioderma then I’d happily use this one in its place. Although I don’t seem to have a shortage of Micellar waters at the moment and I’ve been quite fortunate with staying stocked up on Bioderma.

To be honest if you want a product as good as Bioderma then get Bioderma, it’s in a league of it’s own, but there are other good products out there if you can’t get hold of Bioderma. If you’re after a good makeup remover that doesn’t cost a lot then I recommend Garnier and if you want a nice micellar water that’s not Boiderma then I recommend Nuxe.

What micellar waters have you tried? Which do you like best?

Until next time 

8 comments:

  1. I've been using the Garnier one for a while...yet to try any others though! Great review

    Amelia Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think it's really good value for how much you get of it. xx

      Delete
  2. Ooo, the Nuxe one's scent sounds gorgeous! I'm glad you haven't had a negative reaction to it as I'm always worried about using heavily scented products on my skin. I've only tried the Garnier one and I really like it, although I feel the need to rub down my eyes with a damp tissue afterwards in case there was residue. Great review :)

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I haven't felt any residue with the Garnier one, I use a cleanser after anyway. The Nuxe one isn't heavily scented and it does state that it's suitable for sensitive skin, I love the smell. xx

      Delete
  3. The Garnier one sounds really great, I don't really use micellar waters, though I think I should!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really good much better than wipes and makeup remover and much gentler too. xx

      Delete
  4. we've heard so much about all these cleansing waters and serums, but we haven't really jumped on the bandwagon yet. Bioderma is definitely on the top of our to try list, but it can get pretty pricey in Australia. We haven't heard that much about the Nuxe micellar water though, we might have to look into it!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bioderma is the best one, but there is cheaper alternatives out there, maybe try a cheaper one first to see what you think. xx

      Delete