Thursday 3 April 2014

Revealing the Concealing



Hello there lovelies.

Concealer is one of those makeup products that I just don’t get very excited by. I find them a bit boring, I just see it as a necessary stage in my makeup routine- something that just has to be done and I don’t really think too much about it. These are the concealers I use and what I think about them.

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat. This is my favourite concealer of all time, although recently I’ve seen it being used as a highlighter rather than a concealer, something I never knew it was meant to be, I always thought it was a light reflecting concealer that hides all the nasty’s and adds a radiance to the skin. Whatever it’s meant to be I use it as a concealer and have done for many years. I find it hides everything I want hidden without being in the slightest bit cakey, it doesn’t flake or become visible throughout the day, its completely weightless and blends like a dream. I can’t imagine any other concealer knocking this one from my first place position.

Collection Lasting Perfection. This is certainly a heavy duty concealer, its great for the price but I do find it dries and breaks down a bit under my eyes throughout the day. It claims to last for 16 hours, I cant say that I’ve worn it for that long so wouldn’t know whether that is true or not. I don’t seem to love this concealer as much as everyone else seems to but I still think it’s a good budget product.

No7 Instant Radiance Concealer. This is extremely comparable to YSL and the one I will use in its place, it has pretty much the same features as the YSL without the price tag, good medium coverage, lightweight and easy to blend.

Origins Plantscription Anti-aging Concealer. A nice lightweight silky formula that glides on under the eyes nicely it lasts well without drying or going cakey and has pretty high coverage.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. I wrote a post about this one. Completely contradicting what I said before this is the one concealer I did get excited about but I was more excited about the fact I’d finally managed to get my hands on it than the fact it was a new concealer. This is another heavy duty concealer, it certainly has high coverage but doesn’t feel heavy it blends really nicely without it looking like your trying to cover anything up, it effortlessly conceals everything you want with good staying power.

Concealer is absolute must for me to hide those dreaded dark circles under the eyes, I just wish I could get a little more excited about them.

What concealers do you recommend?

Until next time

6 comments:

  1. Might be tempted to stray from my beloved Collection Lasting Perfection concealer and try the No 7 one instead as my budget REALLY doesn't cover a YSL Touche Eclait! Lasting Perfection is the only one I've tried which I like, I've only tried highstreet ones as I never thought high end ones could deliver better performance but I guess this post has proved me wrong! :)

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No7 is a good middle ground, I almost cry when YSL runs out as it's so expensive but the No7 one is a good replacement. xx

      Delete
  2. Touche Eclat is so raved about and its so deserved, such a great product!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, it really is the best out there. xx

      Delete
  3. Great blog

    Please visit mine: http://trendybutterfly.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I'll be sure to take a look at yours. xx

      Delete