Wednesday 14 May 2014

All A Load of Hocus Focus

Hello there lovelies

On a recent little trip to Boots I spied this Soap and Glory Hocus Focus Instant Visual Flaw-Softening Illuminator (long name). I needed and extra item to qualify for the infamous bank card wincing 3 for 2 so thought I’d try this. I’d never tried any makeup from Soap and Glory before and this product sounded interesting with its “Lightscramble Luminospheres” that claim to leave your skin looking candle lit and camera ready by blurring imperfections and lifting the look of the skin. This can be used mixed in with a foundation to give more of a dewy look or used as a highlighter. I’ve been using it mixed in with my moisturiser before powder and it gives a radiance that is just noticeable when the light catches it as if my skin is naturally glowing but toned down with powder if that makes sense. It has the signature Soap and Glory scent to it which is pleasant enough but not one that I love or rave about like some but still not a bad scent, it doesn’t feel greasy on the skin and just adds a lovely golden pearlescent glow from under makeup. It comes out as a pearly white cream that’s quite thin in consistency then appears gold when blended, it’s not glittery it just adds a nice shimmer to the skin. I haven’t used this solely as a highlighter but I imagine would look lovely on tanned skin in the evening with just a touch on the cheekbones and temples, there is the ability to go a bit overboard with this and look a bit too shiny and shimmery though, less is definitely more.



Overall I’m really pleased I picked this up as I feel it could have many uses and is a handy product to have, the 30ml bottle is really compact so great for travel and it’s so easy to mix with a matte foundation to give it some glow, use under makeup to add some radiance or use alone as highlighter, a good all round product to have in my stash.

Have you tried Soap and Glory makeup? What products do you like?

Until next time

2 comments:

  1. I might try to hunt this down! I'm rather pale, would you recommend it? or is this better for those of darker tans? x

    www.beautiboe.blogspot.co.uk ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pale too and it looks really nice, you can get it online and it's not bad value as you only need a little of it so it will last for ages xx

      Delete