Monday 3 February 2014

The Naked Truth




Hello there lovelies.

Today I’m chatting about Urban Decays Naked Basics palette. I asked for this for my birthday last year and chose this one over the other Naked palettes because I knew I would get more use out of it. I like the other Naked palettes but I just don’t think I’d utilise all the colours in them and I hate good makeup going to waste so I opted for the Naked Basics instead. I absolutely LOVE Urban Decay eyeshadows with their creamy butter like consistency (even tough they are powders) their fabulous colour range, brilliant pigmentation and incredible staying power. I really can’t fault them. The Naked Basics palette does not disappoint, there’s so many different looks you can create with this little palette of joy and I’d recommend it to anyone who wanted a nice ready made neutral palette or anyone who’s just starting to build a collection. This palette is so versatile, the eyeshadows feel lovely on the eyelid and although greatly pigmented they feel weightless too, don’t crease at all and boy do they stay put. I use the shade Walk of Shame (WOS) as a base colour all over my lid as it’s a lovely matte nude colour with the slightest champagne pink tinge running through it. I use the shade Faint to do a cut crease line and line my bottom lashes as it’s not as harsh as black and better for a daytime natural look, I then blend Naked 2 into my crease to blend out and soften the line created with Faint and also use it in the outer corner to the middle of my lid. Venus is a lovely creamy shimmer shade, great for highlighting the brow bone (I’ve even used it to highlight down the centre of my nose and on my cheekbones before- works a treat, although I don’t know if you should use an eyeshadow as a highlighter but it worked great for me). I then finish with lining my upper lash line with Crave, absolutely jet black perfect for liner (I use this daily for lining my eyes) finished with my mascara of choice and voila! The perfect natural look. I can’t rate this palette high enough and I hope so much that Urban Decay never discontinue this as I know it’s going to be a firm favourite of mine for years to come.

So have you ever used this palette? How do you rate it? Have you ever used Urban Decay eyeshadows? Tell me what you think.

Until next time stay beauty-full xx





2 comments:

  1. I own this and the Naked 2 and I love them both. I tend to go for the basics palette when I'm going for a more simple/natural look for the day. I'm trying my hardest not to go out and buy the Naked 3!

    -Simone
    www.simoneabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Naked 3 doesn't appeal to me (at the moment) it's a bit too pink toned but I imagine some lovely summer looks can be created with it. Naked 2 is more my kind of shades.

      Delete